Nutella. Love. I adore chocolate and baking. I first discovered Nutella when I was in France 12 years ago. Love blossomed, I was so thrilled that a tasty spread existed.
One day I woke up thinking about Nutella. I know most people wake up thinking about work, their children, or brushing their teeth, but here I was wondering if bananas and Nutella have met in bread form.
Sure enough and luckily for me, they have.
Momma and Pa were coming to visit me as I was baking this delectable treat. I was so pleased when they came in and were drooling over the banana bread smelled that had filled the house.
Please go and make this.
NUTELLA- SWIRLED BANANA BREAD
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
4. Spoon Nutella into a medium dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
5. Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check the oven at 45 minutes to check the top of the bread for browning. If it’s browning too quickly, cover lightly with foil for the remainder of the baking. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from Recipe Girl