One of the things I adore about warm weather and St. Louis is the Tower Grove Farmers Market.
Breakfast tacos and a grilled cheese stand? When is it Saturday?
My tummy is hungry thinking about the fresh fruit, veggies, and cheeses we come home with.
I thought of this tasty appetizer when we had some friends come over for our first summer BBQ which included burgers, guacamole, baked beans and sangria.
That morning we headed to the Tower Grove Market where I picked up a French Baguette, some fresh goat cheese, and tomatoes. I had basil growing in our small city home garden.
1 French Baguette
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut baguette into slices. Mine were about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Drizzle olive oil onto baguette
4. Spread garlic onto baguette
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until your desired crispiness,
7. Spread goat cheese on baguette slices, top with one basil leaf and tomato.